Monday, September 1, 2008

Wobble

I had a bit of a wobble this morning and felt pretty depressed. The last couple of weeks have been really difficult. Losing two friends in the space of a week has taken its toll on me emotionally, physically and mentally and this morning it culminated in a downward spiral of emotion. I’m not sure exactly what happened, because I was feeling pretty fine before, but some thing small triggered it off, letting my defences slip, and causing me to indulge in my emotions. For the rest of the morning I felt…to put it plainly like shit.

To make it worse, the guy who handles some of my financial issues contacted me about my Life assurance policy. The issue of mortality is not something that I’m taking with ease at the moment. I won’t mention which company it is, but the basic gist of it is, because of my heart condition; the assuror wanted to revaluate my policy, take away some policy benefits and load an additional 80% in monthly charges. This even though the doctors feel that the condition is so slight, that it is virtually negligible and that I should not be treated any differently from anyone else.

To me, it sounded like a scam and I gave the broker, a man more than double my age, a verbal lambasting that I doubt he will soon forget. Thankfully, by midday I recovered. The work I’m doing, currently, is quite interesting and serves as a good distraction. I’m finding that I’m battling a roller coaster of emotions; and even though most times I retain my composure, and force control - I’m still not over all this and I am seemingly a little volatile. I guess I need to let time take its course and take each day a step at a time.

No comments: