Saturday, September 20, 2008

Attendance

I had a feeling there was going to be a good turn out for coffee club this morning. I just didn’t expect there to be 36 people (this was verified by our hostess at MissK’s). This morning has to be the best turn out for coffee club yet!

The attendance in the last couple of weeks has been terrific. I think the reason why so many people enjoy coffee club is that there’s no obligation to attend Saturday morning meets: Ernst, Bev and I simply supply a location on a week to week basis, and you can literally, just turn up and bring friends if you’re feeling up to it.

It’s awesome because you meet a lot of new faces and at the same time have the opportunity to stay in touch with people who share hectic weekly schedules.
The only problem with having a flash mob; however, is that it can sometimes create logistical problems for the store, for example there might not be enough seating.

I think in future I’m going to phone up store owners in advance, so that they can be prepared. At the rate at which attendance is growing, the club may have to book out the entire venue as a private function. One can only dream of such a day!

The word on the street is that there might be a Tasha’s opening in Cape Town soon – being one of my favourite spots in Jozi you’ll be sure that I’ll be rocking the joint as soon as it opens here.

No comments: