Monday, September 29, 2008

Sun Day

The sun was out yesterda, for a change; and this meant that the entire day was spent on Clifton 4th beach!

It’s weird, until I moved to Cape Town; I never used to just hang out at the beach. I mean - I used to go surfing almost on a daily basis, but it never occurred to me, that I should just go to the beach lie around and chill. I just didn’t really get the concept.

Maybe it’s just because I can’t sit still. Whenever I think I’m lying around, perfectly still and relaxing; I still somehow wriggle around enough to move the entire beach (sand) onto myself and my towel. Everyone else around me seems to do perfectly fine.

I also get bored easily. Thankfully I had some good company and ol’ faithful guitar to keep me preoccupied, the latter being to the detriment of the people sitting around us methinks.

I was however; also invited on several occasions to throw a Frisbee around. But ever since I received glasses back in Grade 6 or 7 my depth perception has been screwed; rendering me about as coordinated as a bat at a rock concert, especially when having to catch or throw anything. Saving my dignity, I decided to skip the Frisbee for a less crowded day,

To end of a perfectly lazy Sunday, we opted to grab our ritualistic drink and bite at Caprice along the famous Camps Bay stretch. Hopefully we’ll be getting more sun soon, it’s miserable again today. If we do I’ll be sure to go back, chill and get more sand everywhere.

No comments: