Sunday, September 7, 2008

Bad Dreams

Well it’s 4:05am on my clock…and it looks like I’m up again. Considering that I only fell asleep about 3 hours ago, I haven’t gotten much sleep at all… and this similar pattern has been ongoing for the past couple of weeks. This insomnia and lack of sleep is making me feel like I’m losing my mind.

I have a feeling I’m waking up because of some really odd dreams, however in most cases I just can’t remember any of them, except for tonight. I can vaguely recall what happened in tonights.

In the dream, I was having dinner with La and we were having what seemed to be quite a serious but happy conversation; I then receive a phone call, in which I walk to a separate courtyard area, away from where we are dining to answer. I then proceed with a telephonic job interview. The interview ends well and I remember very distinctly the guy on the other line telling me that I had so many unbelievable opportunities that he didn’t know where to begin. Afterward, I seemed really happy to get back to dinner and report some good news, but before I could, a wild dog appears and mauls the crap out of me. All very strange.

I have a feeling the dinner with La, the interview and the wild dog all have some symbolism. But I don’t have a clue how to interpret them...I’m not Joseph - no, not my brother, Joseph – the other one, you know the with the technicolour dream coat that’s really good at interpreting dreams.

I’m going to try and go back to bed, but I fear that it’s going to be a futile attempt.

No comments: