Saturday, September 13, 2008

Busy Little Bee

I was thinking of taking it easy with my mom, but one thing lead to another and it turned out to be a really busy day.

It started off with coffee club at the Vida in Wembley Square. Wembley is like a home away from home for me and my brother. If we’re not at the gym , we’re more than likely visiting one of our many friends who stay in the complex; or you’ll probably catch us frequenting one of the eateries, the bar area or even the quality restaurant, which is found in the form of Sinn’s.

We had dinner with my mom at Sinn’s last night, by the way. The food at Sinn’s is always excellent, but the dessert divine. Unfortunately my mom doesn’t really appreciate sweets and has more of a savoury palette. If my dad were here too (he couldn’t make it this time around as he had to hold down fort and keep the family property business going), he would have gone nuts for it.

My sweet tooth had to come from somewhere; and you guessed it, if it doesn’t come from my mom it has to come from my dad. I remember this one time; he wanted to show me this dessert spot he used to love as a kid in Taiwan. He remembered it to be just around the corner from where he used to live, but with memory fading; we ended up walking over 8 kilometres just to grab some famous ice pudding stuff…thankfully I’m also a ridiculous sweet tooth and really appreciate that sort of thing, otherwise I reckon I would have been seriously peeved.

I digress, after coffee we decided to get some groceries done and while finishing up we bumped into my brother’s best, high school friend and his wife, Dr and Dr Stevens. Zane and his wife are both medical doctors and really close to the family, my mom hasn’t seen them in ages either so it was decided that we needed to catch up somewhere for lunch. Being such a beautiful day in Cape Town, Camps Bay was the only place to go; so straight from grocery shopping we went to the beach front for a bite at Sandbar and do a little catch up. While at lunch we bumped into more people that we knew and ended up having even more conversation.

So much for having a quiet day. I’m beat and think it’s time for an afternoon siesta. A little nap before we start making a little bit of homemade Chinese food. Mom-made Chicken and Sweetcorn soup…can’t friggen wait!

No comments: