Friday, September 12, 2008

Mother Hen

My mom arrives later this afternoon. So I figured I’d better write this now, because chances are I won’t get around to it this evening. Since things are so crazy at work and Joe is stuck in some meetings, we can’t really get off to fetch her either. Xav our good friend, has volunteered to help out (thanks Xav).

Anyhow, my mom has never met Xav before so I’m really scared that she might not make it to my flat. Even though Joe and I have prepped her and sent photos of Xav to her – she has the same crap “can’t-recognize-people-from-a-bar-of-soap” gene that my brother has. I’m a little bit afraid that she’s going to climb into the wrong car and go home with the wrong person.

We’ve told her that she should make sure that the person picking her up has a green car and sounds French. Surely she’ll be okay then…surely?

No comments: