Tuesday, December 16, 2008

Water Baby

I’m trying to stay off my feet. My right foot is getting better, but my left foot is still giving me hassles, which makes, even walking from my car to the sand on the beach quite a hefty chore. As a result of my injury, I haven’t been able to do any of my normal cardio.

To help my sanity, I tried to get some pool time and do a few laps. I figured that swimming would be a great option to get my cardiovascular workout, burn some calories and escape the heat at the same time. The only problem is that I haven’t swum in years, and I’m extremely unfit for the pool. I still managed to squeeze out 30 lengths, but not without almost drowning.

I started off very leisurely; well at least what I thought was leisurely, doing 2 lengths at a time, taking a break and then carrying on…only, as time went by, each length felt longer and longer. It didn’t help that every time I tried to gasp for breathe that I gulped down water instead, eventually I felt like I was going to sink like a lead balloon…

There’s nothing like getting a little bit of sunshine to brighten up ones mood. I spent the rest of the day chilling on Camp’s Bay beach admiring the view (ambiguity intentional). The sun seems to have sapped my energy. I think it may be time for a little siesta...

No comments: