Monday, December 22, 2008

Festivus for the Rest of Us

Murphy’s Law strikes again, the first real day off, plans to go to the beach, ruined, as unexpectedly the skies open and water descends upon us from the heavens.

It never rains here in Cape Town during the summer; but I’m not even certain why I’m surprised that it is; I should have expected that my plans would have been foiled, it happens all the time. By now, I should have learnt to expect the unexpected…

Much to the detriment of my neighbours, I’m stuck indoors today armed with only my guitar to keep me occupied. So as ear plugs become handy and the ruckus begins; I’m plucking away, warming up my vocal cords and making one heck of a noise.

Two more days left before boarding the plane to go back to my folk’s place in Port Elizabeth. Can’t wait to go home to celebrate Christmas with the family and gorge myself silly with holiday feasts. It’s customary for me to put on weight over the festive season; in fact I’m disappointed if I don’t, because the amount of weight I put on is directly proportional to the amount of enjoyment I’ve experienced.

You have to love this time of the year, I’m afraid I’ll be spending the rest of the year in the gym, undoing the damage done by the excessive eating which is caused by the subsequent feasting.

Traditionally, I put on at least a kilogram a day. That’s not bad going if I do say so myself, so this year I’m aiming a little higher and I wouldn’t be surprised, if upon my return, they have to roll me out of the plane.

No comments: