Tuesday, December 2, 2008

A Fateful Day

Today is Ernst’s birthday. I can’t believe that a year ago I was still based in Johannesburg. It sounds clichéd, but time really has flown. Being one of my best friends, I arranged especially to fly down, last year, to help celebrate his 30th. And as I recall, I came only for the weekend. On the actual, big day, I had to leave early, due to limited flights.

Not even a few hours after I had left, Ernst, while relaxing by the pool, in the Victoria Alfred Junction Hotel met Lauren and began what has been and still is a whirlwind romance. Talk about serendipitous. Not only does he celebrate his birthday today but also his 1 year anniversary with a very special person. Hollywood could not have scripted it more romantic! I thought I had bought him a pretty cool present, but it seems as if it was no comparison to the gift that fate had decided to bring.

Speaking of serendipity, while randomly going out for a bite to eat yesterday eve. I bumped into Lauren at Willoughby's in the waterfront. Lauren bounced off an idea about making Waffles in bed for her man and asked me what I thought of that idea...I told her, if my girl friend had to make me waffles in bed - I'd marry her (take note future prospective wife). It's true what they say, the way to a mans heart is through his stomach. Well, at least it is in my case.

I apologize if this entry doesn’t seem to flow; I’m very tired and my brain is not working very well. I struggled to sleep again last night and have been up since 2am this morning, as a result I have finally given in to pharmaceutical aid, and have bought some strong sleeping pills, to help in such cases; when I’m in dire need of sleep.

I predict that as soon as I have finished typing out this entry I’m going to finish dinner, knock back a couple of pills and call it a day.

1 comment:

Ernst Kuschke said...

Since I've been in Cape Town, fate has blessed me with many special people in my life!

One of the most interesting pairs of friends I made is, no doubt, my ex-neighbors - two brothers, one whom is of African decent, and the other Asian.