Thursday, December 11, 2008

Feeding Frenzy

Taking me to a buffet is like chumming water in false bay. It gets pretty ugly and the feeding frenzy is quite embarrassing especially for the person accompanying me.

Yesterday was DVT's year end function, held at Simon's in Groot Constantia and they laid out quite a smorgasbord. Candice who accompanied me to the function said she wasn't embarrassed by the amount of food that I managed to consume; but my work colleagues, Rikesh, his fiance Leshni and a few others were shocked - they've only heard of my legendary appetite, but you really have to experience it first hand to get to grips with its magnitude.

I guess since Candice has known me for a while, she's grown accustomed to my crazy binge eating, but if that didn't embarrass her, then my terrible dancing did. My company's generosity was enjoyed by all and it's kind of nice to see your colleagues, in a more relaxed atmosphere and out of the work environment.

Speaking of generosity the kind folk at Vida have given me some freebies to give to Coffee Club this Saturday. I'm really just writing this for the sake of accountability; but I have in my possession, 30 complimentary coffee cards. I wouldn't do it...but it did cross my mind to keep it a secret and cash in on the bounty for myself. It obviously wouldn't be ethical - but when it comes to freebies - screw ethics. Well, since I've publically acknowledged receiving them, I guess I can't exactly get away with not handing them out on Saturday...

1 comment:

narrylikes said...

It's called mindful eating and that's a good thing. Stick to that story ;)