Saturday, December 27, 2008

The Port Elizabeth Premiere of Tunnel Rats

I finally watched, Tunnel Rats! My friends and I organized a mini-premiere last night as part of my birthday.

I spoke to Darryn earlier in the day and asked if we could use his place to screen my movie debut. He has a pretty sweet projector and sound set-up that would really simulate a theoretical experience. He agreed to have it at his house. So everything was set.

I didn’t know about their plan, but as a joke I arrived with a little black bow tie as an addition to my very casual dress. My friends however, surprised me by arriving in full formal wear, which enhanced the authenticity of our premiere night. Bryan even organized a fine bottle of bubbly for the occasion.

I was blown away. It’s not every night that there is a black tie event in ol’ PE, so it was quite a change to see the guys and girls all dolled up.

The movie is best described as a war horror, filled with gore and depicts the futility of war. The action scenes were great and in my opinion, there was some good character development, given the relatively short duration in which the film maker had to do it in.

It was a strange experience for me to relive some of the scenes and recount the performances from some of the actors, especially due to the different angles (that I experienced) in addition to the accompaniment of mood music and scores.

The entire experience was very special and one which I think I will always remember fondly. I could not have asked for a better ending to my birthday.

No comments: