Sunday, December 14, 2008

Love Actually

It’s a weird feeling to feel like an outsider.

Last night I was supposed to go see Deep Dish (a big House act) with the rest of my mates, but because I injured my feet. I could barely stand or walk, let alone dance, so it was pointless for me to go.

The rest of the rat pack got together at Dan’s place and were psyching each other up, with some loud uplifting house and pre-party drinks and snacks. I went to that as well, but it was strange because my destination afterward, was not a big party, but the better end of my comfy futon at home to watch a couple of DVD’s.

While everyone else was getting excited for a big one, I was just sitting in the corner, chilling with my fruit juice and observing, watching everyone else have a good time. It was definitely not a bad feeling - just different.I wasn’t in the same frame of mind and felt a little bit - left out. It’s difficult to explain, but you feel as if you’re some sort of intruder stealing some of the vibe so to speak.

I was a little bummed to miss the party, so as a consolation, I treated myself to my favourite Lasagne in town, at a place called Nonna Lina. It’s great because Antonello, the owner and one of my old neighbours, knows exactly what I want before I even sit down. I’ve tested a lot of Lasagne’s around Cape Town, but Nonna Lina’s is still in my opinion the best. I know Lasagne can be subjective, but there’s something about theirs that always makes me feel happy afterward.

After Nonna Lina, I went home to watch a couple of movies. The two films I watched were very contrasting, the first one I saw was the goriest, most violent movie of the decade namely John Rambo (the 4th in the series) and the second movie was a soppy, romantic comedy called Definitely Maybe, starring Ryan Reynolds (one of my favourite actors), which depicted the complexity of love and how, not everything goes according to plan. From past experience I would have to agree, that love and relationships are a complex subject matter, and have only once experienced something that has gone completely smoothly, but even that in the end, did not work out.

Oh, did I mention I pigged out to a truck load of junk food while immersed in film. You might have noticed already that I have an unnatural passion for food. Well, so far; food has never failed me. It never judges me, never criticizes me and is always there when I need some comforting. So until some woman comes along that I can say the same about…this love affair will, in all probability, continue.

1 comment:

maliksta said...

Defintely maybe is great.. new york style of film.. but I wouldn't get dogged out by a chick as many times as he did..