Saturday, December 20, 2008

Come ye Come All

It’s only been a day of holiday and already apathy’s grip on me, has tightened. Can you believe I almost forgot to write in my journal? I was lucky that I remembered now, otherwise with all the other things going on later, I would have certainly, completely forgotten.

Hmmm where should I start? Oh yes (see how my brain is stuck in first gear)! Last night I joined the circus, well not really, it was actually a birthday party for five different people, although I only really knew one of them, Victoria. The theme of the party though was the circus, so Joe and I went as mimes, slash, clowns.

It was quite funny to see the reactions of some passers by while on our way to the party. Watching two clowns driving past, in the middle of the day must be quite an unnerving experience. We even had a group of models at FTV café dropping their jaws, speechless, while running an errand …I bet not every guy in town can say that, that has happened to them before.

I’m not sure why on earth we decided on our attire as neither me nor Joe, particularly likes mimes or clowns. It’s rather strange though, when you dress up as one, you really do feel the need to get into character (seriously, try it). We very impromptly performed…okay, maybe practiced a few hours beforehand; a few little skits and at one point I even contemplated on following the other party goers and miming their behaviour. Knowing how much they annoy me, I feared that I may have been beaten up and quickly decided against it.

I have to say I’m seriously impressed at the extent at which people go to dress up these days. Some people went so far as getting make up artists and unless they actually revealed their true identities could have stayed completely incognito.

Ahhh such buffoonery, such fun.

No comments: