Friday, December 5, 2008

Invasion of the Tall Ridiculously-good-looking People

Attended the Vida bar launch in Camps Bay yesterday evening. The Vida boys have decided that the Camps Bay Vida should be a coffee spot by day and a cool chill bar at night. With the impressive setting right on the front step it's difficult not just to relax, sip on a couple of (in my case virgin) cocktails and watch all the beautiful people walk by....

I've noticed that there seems to be an infiltration of the tall ridiculously-good-looking into the mother city recently and am starting to feel extremely midgety again. Not that I don't appreciate the additional eye candy; my only complaint is that I feel extremely claustrophobic when surrounded by the tall mountain-ranges of people - I struggle to breathe. You're probably thinking it's because of the sublime beauty that some of them posses - but it's not. I'm convinced it's because tall people have access to all the best air and leave nothing for us shorter folk. Stop hogging all the oxygen, darn you! So I know my logic may be skewed, seeing as how air gets thinner with altitude, but if you can come up with a better explanation then I might just listen.

No comments: