Saturday, August 9, 2008

Women's Day and Bikini Contests!

Holy smokes! I can’t believe how fast the WiWallet mobile payment was! At coffee club this morning, Bevan showed us how to separate our bill and use WiWallet to pay for it!

The basic gist of it is that you download the application onto your phone (unfortunately not all phones are supported yet, but the lads at WiWallet are fast on it and have almost 400 phones loaded already). Once the application is downloaded you follow a few simple instructions to load your credit card account into the application and when a bill comes along, you simply give them your cell phone number. You then log into the application with your secure pin number, they then type the amount at their point of sale and a message pops up on your phone telling you that you have a transaction pending. You then simply click on a button to accept the transaction and the payment goes through.

It’s unbelievably simple and I’m convinced that it’s more secure than carrying your physical card around as you need a secret pin to be able to access a payment. So if someone steals your phone they still need the pin to complete a transaction while a person with your card would have free reign.

After Coffee Club at Café Neo, I grabbed a quick Yeggercheffe, flat white from Origin. Oh yeah…In case I forgot to mention, I’m back on coffee, but only on weekends as I’m still trying my best to boycott caffeine. On my way through I noticed that the Loading Bay is having a 50% Sale on selected fashion items, so if you are in the hunt for some new threads you should go check it out.

This evening I’m attending a Mr Fitness and Ms Bikini show with the Reflex crowd, including new South African, Wonder Bra Girl, Elbe van der Merwe (well done Elbe on securing the campaign). Seeing how it’s Women’s Day, I’m going to use the excuse that I’m only ogling the girls in bikinis due to professional reasons. I guess that’s one of the perks of being a founding a member of Reflex. As my friend Kevin, from Muscle Tech would say “I’m actually not enjoying this, this is strictly professional when, someone sees a nice bum…all I see are glutes.”

No comments: