Saturday, August 2, 2008

What's Your Age Again?

Either I have a freakishly large appetite or the KFC Fully Loaded Box Meal is a bit of a joke! I finished the supposedly “Man Sized” meal comfortably even after having 2 packets of Doritos, a cup cake, a piece of tart, scrambled eggs, beans and chorizo sausage on toast and 3 scoops of ice cream. Hooray for cheat day Saturday. Hmmm perhaps the KFC marketing team should go back to the drawing board seeing as this man is only 5ft nothing and barely pushing 60kg!

So I made a slight mistake organizing the coffee club at Gelato Mania this morning…seeing as how they only open at 12:30, but thankfully there was an awesome spot called Miss K right next door to serve as back up until Gelato Mania actually opened. Miss K is great and has tons of awesome little treats, the whole vibe, setup and food reminds me of my favourite Jozi breakfast spot called Tashas.

Raeanne’s Birthday yesterday evening at Relish was tons of fun. The birthday girl and Paul surprised us with some party accessories, and throughout the course of the evening, as a party rule we had to wear these monkey masks. Should ever you were caught not wearing the mask you were fined and had to do a shooter. Seeing as how I’m on a mission to lean down, meaning 6 days of extreme dieting eating ridiculously bland food I want to make sure that the torture I’m enduring is worth it, the last thing that you will catch me touching is anything containing alcohol.

Because of this I had the mask on almost permanently. I even kept it on while going to the bathroom. It was quite entertaining when some guy walked in, and Ernst and I greeted him while both wearing our masks…I’m sure that he thought he had walked into the bathroom, through some trans-dimensional worm hole and into another world.

After a while I grew pretty comfortable behind the mask and actually developed a new persona! Since no one could identify who I was behind the mask (except for perhaps the name which had been written our foreheads), I got up to all sorts of mischievous activities, for example trying some cheesy lines on some poor promotion girls. My M.O. was: I was wearing the mask because my face had been horribly disfigured while trying to save a bunch of babies from a burning orphanage…for some reason though I think they saw through it…

Tonight is Suzelle’s 21st, ahh to be 21 again. Do you remember when you were very young, and how massively conscious of your age you were? I mean you’d never forget how old you were would you? I remember when people used to ask: “How old are you little girl? 5?” I’d answer “Firstly I’m NOT a girl, I’m a boy and I’m actually I’m 18 and ¾.” So it was quite a foreign concept to me that older folks could “forget” how old they were. Sometime mid-week this week was the first time that I’ve forgotten my own age, I had to work it out by subtracting my birth year from the current year….this is seriously not a good sign, it most probably means I’m pushing on and soon becoming an old man.

No comments: