Tuesday, August 12, 2008

Career Limiting Moves

If ever someone has pulled a career limiting move, then today I pulled the power play of career limiting moves. For some reason in every company I’ve worked for the CEO of that particular company, trusts me to handle precious and confidential data….I don’t know maybe it’s because I have one of those trustworthy faces.

Anyways as fate would have it, recently our CEO decided that I’d be the lucky candidate process of some of his very confidential data, and unknowingly when I ran my code to change the files containing the data, it automatically corrupted it.

Unfortunately the changes are done internally by some application from a brand which I won’t name at this stage… but this fact is obviously not important to someone who doesn’t care about the technical aspects. Like me, if you’re a person who fancies his chances on climbing the corporate ladder, corrupting the CEO’s data is a serious, serious faux pas.

Luckily having a backup of the data, and after my technical analysis, and seeing how our CEO is pretty cool, I was let off the hook. Unless of course my stuff is getting boxed up as we speak…Let’s hope when I get to the office tomorrow morning I still have a job!

No comments: