Wednesday, August 13, 2008

One Zero Zero -100

The number hundred has a lot of significance some reference it as a century, others a centennial. Whatever it is, most people consider it as a substantial amount; whether it is the number of runs scored by a cricketer or somebody’s age, it’s usually quite a milestone.

Today, besides still having a job (looks like my stuff wasn't boxed up after all) I’ve also reached my hundredth posting! I can’t believe how quickly it’s gone, when I first started out I didn’t think I would hit twenty, but being a determined little fellow I persisted and continued to post an entry every day (since it’s inception). Perhaps now people will realize just how serious I can be when I say that I’m going to do something.

But the hundredth posting doesn’t even hit the half way mark, if I’m to reach my intentional goal of writing something every day, till the end of the year (which I’m considering to extend even further until I reach three hundred and sixty five… a full year in my life).

Since beginning this blog I’ve already learnt a lot. To write about something everyday one is almost forced to find something interesting to write about and in the process one begins to learn about different topics and tries to find some new and exciting things to do. I’ve started to come up with some big and exciting plans for this blog (which I hope to reveal in the not so distant future).

There’s no guarantee that this dream will come to fruition, but one thing I believe to be certain is: If one fails to try they are doomed to fail, and if one fails to dream, they might as well, in my opinion, be dead.

2 comments:

Darryn van der Walt said...

nice one - congrats! time flies

Benny Ou said...

Thanks D much appreciated.