Friday, August 29, 2008

Taking it Easy

Sometimes I like to just to sit around and vegetate. All I really want to do right now is kick back, relax watch something on the “idiot box”, order in some take out and sit there like a mindless, thoughtless muppet.

My excuse to lay low is also because I’m feeling slightly run down from the lack of sleep and sustenance I’ve been experiencing as of late. So I shan’t be seizing anything, least of all the day, lest it be the remote control or another slice of pizza…besides it's night time and isn’t really applicable in any case…”Seize the Day” who came up with that saying anyway? What about the night? Everyone who’s anyone knows that all the real action goes down, when the sun sets. Why didn’t they rather say “Seize the Night?”

Of course, the smarter thing to say would probably be “Seize the Moment” because then it would be applicable to any time. Perhaps I’m just being ridiculous and it’s just a matter of semantics, whatever the case...my brain is about to switch off.

No comments: