Wednesday, August 20, 2008

Beer Fest

Sometimes one just needs that little something in the middle of the week, to break the normal routine and instil some sanity back in ones life. The opening evening function at Loading Bay was just what the good doctor ordered after having a rough week at work amongst other things.

The Loading Bay is usually one of my morning hotspots for a bit of breakfast, so it seemed unusual that it was dark outside while sitting there. The theme of the evening was one of an up-market beer and food to compliment. The beers on showcase were the range of beers by Cervejas São Gabriel, which is the brainchild of some of the founding members of the Vida e Café brand (and we all know how much I love Vida). Unfortunately I’m not much of a beer drinker, as literally, half a beer would put me well on my way of making an ass of myself…what can I say I’m a cheap date. But I tasted some and it seemed pretty good so far as I can tell.

Prior to the opening of evening events (we’re told there will be more to follow), Ernst and I had been talking about unveiling our dance act to the world, and with JP’s permission all seemed good - however after scoping the terrain – we discovered that the shop wasn’t big enough, it’s not that the shop is small – but we need space, some serious room so we can really get going…

As an aside looks like my mission to lean down is working, as someone stopped me in the gym this morning, to find out what supplements I’m taking and what exercise routine I’m on. Woot! After close to three weeks in, I’m definitely seeing an improvement in muscle definition, which is good, but I’m not nearly even halfway to where I was previously when I was living up in Jozi. Being a Reflex man was tough and keeping in prestine condition was part of the job description. I’m at least 6 weeks out, and need to work hard if I want to get back to where I was.

No comments: