Saturday, January 10, 2009

A Day at the Tracks

Thanks to Roxy (a.k.a. the Fox or Foxy) and Victoria (a.k.a. Vo, the Jergie Monster, the Ice-Cream Monster or Frank - gosh she has too many alternate names) I received a couple of VIP tickets to the L’Ormarins Queens Plate (LQP) at the Kenilworth race course.

As mentioned before, I know nothing about horses or horse racing.All I know is that I need to keep an eye out for a horse named Pocket Power, who is owned by my friend Kerry’s, boyfriend’s family (wow try saying that 3 times fast).

Even though I’m ignorant, Kerry got me all excited, explaining how Pocket Power is one of the best horses and how he stands a chance of going down in the history books as one of the sports greatest - in the world - ever.

I feel like quite a pimp at the moment, the LQP is quite a well to do event and requires one to dress up. I’m sitting here in my lounge, typing away in my most regal gear and feeling pretty out of place…The Ou brothers humble bachelors pad is hardly a place of opulence.

On an aside. I’m all for being gung ho and all that; but I’m beginning to worry about the obsessiveness of some of the members of our Coffee Club. Sam was telling me how he’s so into it, that he’s been etching stripes into the side of his arm for every time that he attends… I really hope he’s joking; otherwise we may have to start another club, a support group if you will known as Coffee Clubbers Anonymous for those members who have become destructively addicted.

No comments: