Thursday, January 8, 2009

Now You See Me...Now You Don't

I've always wondered how exactly it was possible that people (although fictitious) couldn't recognize that Superman was actually Clark Kent... I mean sure he has a fancy, spandex costume and all; but, really, the only thing that separated mere mortal from demi-god (and actually hid his facial features) was a pair of reading glasses. Even as a youngster I felt that his disguise was full of holes (umm figuratively - not literally) .

Although I discovered that there may be some merit to his cover up after all. Apparently I confused the hell out of my peers earlier. After suffering from a head-splitting migraine, due to staring at the computer screen for too long, I decided to take my glasses off and rest my eyes. My colleagues began staring at me as if they didn't recognize me. After some interrogation, they said that they had never seen me without my spectacles and thought I was a completely different person.

Could I really look so different without them? Andi verified that I did, and also confirmed that she had some trouble identifying me the first time she saw me without them...

Hmmm perhaps I've found myself the perfect disguise, should ever I want to be involved in a bank heist. The only problem is that, without my glasses, I'd be half blind and probably walk myself straight into security and have my ass arrested...of course there's always contacts, but contacts freak me out. I tried them out once and a lense somehow got stuck in the back of my eye, not fun, not fun at all. I guess I'll have to stick to coming up with some million dollar web idea rather than robbing a bank then...

No comments: