Sunday, January 18, 2009

Crazy Night

What a crazy night of dancing. It was Marcus’s birthday and after some chilled drinks at Asoka, everyone was keen to squeek a little tekkie (South African expression for going out for a little dance).

At Asoka, I was already feeling a little tired, which was kind of strange as I took a little afternoon nap, okay more like a really big nap. So before we even started, I was trying to get my energy levels up by downing red bulls.

When we finally arrived at Chevelle the new Cape Town uber club, my energy levels were through the roof. It didn’t matter how terrible my dancing was, I still danced like a complete maniac. At one point I even tried to bust out some break dance moves…not that I actually know any of course. I might have ruined the good Ou name, but it was really fun.

Chevelle really reminds me of the old Opium, I guess it’s because it’s opened by the same people and I reckon it’ll be the new place to go and party in Cape Town.
The cool thing about Chevelle is that it’s literally right around the corner from where I live, so I don’t have to worry about driving home if I decide to have a big one.

1 comment:

Darryn van der Walt said...

and by 'big one' you obviously mean a half a glass of champagne :)