Saturday, January 24, 2009

Saturday Morning Pick-Me-Up

Besides visiting the doctor yesterday, this mornings coffee club was my first excursion out of the flat since Thursday. I find it difficult to miss coffee club meets.

The thing I love most about coffee club is the diversity of the people that attend it. We have a mix of interesting people from all over the world, who do all sorts of different things. From professional stuntmen, to people who are ridiculously-good-looking for a living, to doctors, to IT geeks; the coffee club has them all. The common denominator that binds everyone together is the love to socialize, meet interesting people and share a morning pick-me-up or breakfast.

I have to thank Lindsey, one of the first and most loyal coffee club members today for giving me a couple of free tickets for tomorrow’s rugby game at Newlands. The Stormers versus Saracens. You see, Lindsey works for Western Province rugby and I’ve been subtly (ok, maybe not so subtly) hinting (perhaps more like nagging) that I’ve been wanting to go to a game for a while…

My point is that you never know who you are going to meet; and it’s somehow attracted such an incredible mix of individuals that you never get bored learning about other peoples exciting professions.

The coffee club was held at Depasco this morning. Having undergone new management, we were given the lead that the coffee had improved significantly and that the breakfasts were incredibly satisfying. After experiencing it for myself, I would have to agree, the rumours are true; and after having spoken to the new management I am assured that it’s only the beginning of their efforts to improve and revamp the good Depasco name.

No comments: