Sunday, January 25, 2009

That's Going to Leave a Mark

“Son of a…that’s going to leave a mark”. Few people on this planet can match my clumsiness.

I was trying to prepare some chicken earlier and somehow managed to stick a knife into my left hand. You know that it’s quite deep when most of the tip of the knife is missing and you have to jiggle it a little to get it back out.

Amazingly, at first you don’t really feel the pain, the sudden rush of adrenaline blocks it out and it’s actually the visual cue that allows you to register that something bad has just happened. After pulling the knife out, you don’t think that it’s going to be too bad, you see a hole there, but there’s only white, no blood. Seconds later though, just when you think you’re okay it comes gushing out.

I rushed to the basin to wash away the crimson mess and see what damage I had inflicted. It looked pretty deep. Thankfully, I keep a mini first aid kit and got my brother to clean the wound and bandage it up.

About half an hour later, the pain has started to settle in… I do stuff like this quite often, and I’m pretty certain it’s going to be quite uncomfortable for the next little while.

No comments: