Saturday, January 17, 2009

Food Envy

Have you ever experienced that moment, when you wished you ordered what the other person next to you ordered. Well it happend to me this morning and I didn't just wish I ordered what the other person next to me had, I wished I had ordered anything else.

We went to the Camps Bay Beach Club for Coffee Club. Everything was terrific: the setting was excellent, the service was fantastic, the food was good and most of the portions were decent too. I say most, because everyone else’s breakfasts were really sizable, the croissants were massive, the muesli and fruit bowls were huge… everything seemed to be good value for money, everything except for what I ordered that is.

I ordered the flap jacks, on the menu it described them to be a “Tower”; judging from the rest of the meals that came, I thought that it would mean a massive stack, a really serious portion…I could not have been more mistaken.

When my order arrived, apparently Lauren said she just watched my face drop in despair. I was so disappointed, I felt cheated, I probably would have started to cry if I weren't for the fact that we were in public. I mean don’t get me wrong, the pancakes were delicious, but after one spoonful, I was literally halfway done. *Sigh* I suffered from food envy for the rest of the morning; as I watched everyone else tuck into theirs.

Lauren did feel some sympathy for me and she was kind enough to give me half of her muesli and fruit bowl. Thanks Lauren, you’re a saint.

No comments: