Friday, October 24, 2008

The World Passes By

I sat at the Vida on Kloof at lunchtime and just watched as the world passed by. For whatever reason I love sitting and watching people, especially on Kloof Street since there is a multitude of interesting folks. It's quite easy on any given day to see people from all across the world cross your path.

I'm not saying I eavesdrop but I like listening in on the funny things people talk about and often wonder what each person's story is, what they're up to and where they're headed - and often you'll hear an American twang here, or some Germans there, or even perhaps see a gaggle of Chinese tourists. It's incredible. Call it curiosity; call me a weird eavesdropping freak, whatever! Sometimes it's cool to just sit and watch other people go about their things.

No comments: