Wednesday, October 8, 2008

Summer Calling

Why is it that we humans are such ridiculous creatures and always leave everything to the last minute? This was quite evident when I arrived at the gym at 5:30 this morning to find the parking lot jam packed… not even a single spot open…usually at that time there only a handful of cars. And the reason for this? Probably because we’ve experienced some sunshine the last few days, meaning that the imminent call of summer, has stirred everyone into a frenzy to get beach ready!

I suppose I’m not one to talk though, seeing as how I’ve also left it down to the last minute to get lean and mean as well. What irks me though is I should have gotten ready a long time ago. But no matter how much one seems to plan something and intend on getting a head start, ones best of intentions are always somehow smashed by apathy and procrastination.

To make matters worse the mad panic, makes the gym extra crowded, meaning that you can’t get any of the equipment you need, thus making it even more difficult to achieve what you need to achieve….it’s a vicious circle. This more than anything gets me frustrated. To alleviate the situation and to pay for my digressions I’ve now split my gym session into two parts: 45 minutes to an hour of weights in the morning and 45 minutes to an hour of cardio in the evenings, just so I can compensate for the crowd factor and to get in shape in time!

In other news, my job has been ridiculous, I’ve felt like a prisoner, and that my work has been the 150 kilo man named Baba who has had his way with me… I fear some long hours and weekends wasted inside the office is on the cards.

No comments: