Sunday, October 26, 2008

Serendipity

I’m crazy about T-shirts, and saw one that I really liked at the Loading Bay this morning. It’s quite a plain T by Scotch and Soda, but what really attracted me to it was the little message on the front that read “Don’t get panicked by people who predict the end of the world.” With all the craziness that’s been happening with the financial crisis and political tensions occuring in the country, I thought it was rather appropriate and had to buy it.

According to Wikipedia, Serendipity is the effect by which one accidentally discovers something fortunate. I had a rather serendipitous experience a little earlier. Unfortunately, unlike the movie I didn’t happen to run into an English beauty (English beauties are great by the way…especially if they come in the form of Kate Backinsale), fall in love and have a whirlwind romance, however, it was a fortunate enough event none the less.

On my way home from the beach, as I was driving along, out of the corner of my eye I caught the signage for the Caturra coffee shop. I’m not the biggest fan of Caturra coffee, but after a previous post of mine about milkshakes, a friend of mine, Jared recommended that I try some of their milkshakes out.

Impulsively, I swerved to the side of the rode, got out and stepped in to try one out. I ordered the Peanut Butter milkshake from the menu, which was pretty decent but nothing out of the ordinary. Just as I was about finishing up however, who should coincidentally walk into the store other than the man who had recommended the place to me in the first place? Yes, It was Jared and his girlfriend from Brazil, Karen.

It was a rather serendipitous because: one I had never intended on going there for a milkshake in the first place and two I haven’t seen Jared in close to a year. According to him, he had also not been to Caturra in months. He just so happened to have picked Karen up from the beach and they just so happened to be in the mood for a Caturra milkshake.

Jared showed me the light and got me to taste a Strawberry Fruitachino and Chocolate-Vanilla Freezachino, which were both excellent. They are both very tasty. What makes them stand out though, is that they are both low in fat and have a less milky texture than the typical milkshake, making them more refreshing and an ideal cooler for a session straight after the beach.

3 comments:

Mari said...

I love David&Goliath t-shirts! Bought one yesterday that says "Come to the dark side, we have cookies" :)

Benny Ou said...

Haha send photos mari!

narrylikes said...

i love when these things happen!

big smile.