Sunday, October 26, 2008

Bathroom Acrobatics

Showering in the dark is not as easy as it sounds. The power went out and I was in a rush to get somewhere, but needed to take a shower…not being able to find any candles. I figured it wouldn’t be difficult do it in the dark, turns out I was wrong.

I have a new respect for blind people. Besides being disorientated, I kept fumbling around while showering, mistaking my shampoo for face wash and putting face wash in my hair…. The biggest lesson I’ve learnt about showering in the dark however, is not to drop the soap…it’s the same advice one will get when going to prison (although I wouldn’t really know since I’ve never been…and hope to keep it that way).

Basically I dropped the soap and in the process of trying to feel for it – I slipped on the wet surface and had a bit of a wipe out. Oh! Did I mention the water was cold – because there was no electricity? I’ve come to the conclusion that lying in the shower, in the foetal position, being naked, wet, cold, in pain, and just for effect sake I’m going to throw in hungry as well; is not a really fun thing…

Thankfully, the only thing that is bruised is my ego; besides that I think I'm fine... I might have done something minor to my lower back but it's only a mild discomfort and doesn't seem serious. Hopefully others will learn from my mistakes and heed my warning: Don’t try to shower in the dark while being in a rush; it’ll only cause you pain and misery.

No comments: