Monday, October 6, 2008

The Meat Locker

What a hot, sunny day! But I wouldn't really know, while everyone was enjoying the awesome weather. I was stuck inside a meat locker...again to deploy some software; thats what I call server rooms, "meat lockers", as they are both: incredibly frigid and icy - they're like that to keep all the computer equipment from over heating.

I'm usually prepared for a day in the meat locker, but as it so happened, I left my coat at home last Friday and almost caught hypothermia...living to learn from the lesson, I came prepared this time and brought the thickest, most Eskimo like coat I could find. On my way into the office, there were some pretty strange stares coming in my direction, I think people on the street thought that I had gone crazy as they watched me carrying a heavy coat in sweltering heat. Yes, I am crazy...but at least I usually hide it well...I guess not today.

Now that I'm out of the cold, is it just me or is it ridiculously hot?!

No comments: