Sunday, October 19, 2008

Everything Must Go

Andi took me for a spin in her new car. She bought a cool, black Toyota, RunX …similar to my brothers…only better, well it’s got a slightly bigger engine and I enjoy saying it to irritate Joe. I don’t think I’ve ever seen anyone who gets quite as excited about driving as Andi…she really, really enjoys it, and even talks about how she can’t wait to drive somewhere...

I find this fascinating, because personally, if I don’t have to drive I’m pretty happy…perhaps if I were a better driver and if I didn't scratch the car as often. I’d see things differently and I'd enjoy it more. I mean, take this for an example I was driving along the other day and decided to nudge some stuff out of the way with my bumper and some people began freaking out...in my opinion, as the name suggests bumpers should be used to bump stuff. Am i wrong?

Anyways not much happening today, just got up, went to gym and did some grocery shopping. Ooooo exciting!

I have an “everything must go” policy when it comes to food entering my house. Meaning that whenever food comes in, chances of it lasting very long are not very good, not very good at all. It doesn’t seem like I have that part of the brain that tells me that I should be full like most normal people. Instead I’ll keep on eating and eating until there is nothing left…kind of like a locust.

Because of this, it’s not very prudent for me to stockpile too much food in advance. I’ve learnt that if I ration and buy a weeks supply of groceries; I somehow save. Otherwise if I buy too much: say for example a months supply of food, I’ll just end up eating it all in a week and have to redo my groceries and spend more in any case. When I don’t buy anything in advance though, I also end up spending more; because I just end up making a lot of impulse purchases, and usually buy ready prepped food, which obviously comes at a premium.

Back to work tomorrow, can't say I'm looking forward to it. Hopefully something exciting (but it has to be cool) will happen in the new week, so I have some new exciting stories to tell. I’m hoping that it’ll be something along the lines of me winning the lotto and going on a crazy spending spree…lets hope it happens.

No comments: