Thursday, July 31, 2008

Wrecked

I feel beyond tired right now…in fact I feel down right violated. In my mission to lean down a bit I thought I’d take my training programme to another level. So for every second cardio session I’ve decided to add some interval training to speed up my metabolism.

The concept is easy I’ll pick four machines: two that focus on the lower body for example the elliptical and bicycle and two that focuses more on the upper body for example the rower and the hand bicycle thingy (does anyone actually know what that thing is called?). The gist of it is pretty simple you do one minute at a very leisurely pace, and the next minute as fast as you can, and you alternate like that until you have completed ten minutes for each machine.

Easy enough right? Wrong! Forty minutes of pure hell! After the third machine I felt like I was going to vomit…I’m not sure how I pushed through… but thank goodness I did. The worst is, because I met up with a friend in Moulle Point after work, I trained at the Point Gym…where all the beautiful people hang out.

So you have a whole bunch of good looking schmodels…and me, mister rent-a-wreck sweating, huffing and looking like I was about to keel over and die at any second.

No comments: