Tuesday, July 22, 2008

Prawn Star

Woohoo, there’s a Prawn special at Bravo this evening, I think the special is a kilogram of prawns for just under R50 or something crazy. Those bottom, filter-feeding cockroaches of the sea sure are ugly-looking; but goodness are they delicious?! High cholesterol aside, Prawns are high in protein and low in carbs...and did I mention they are darn tasty!

The reason why they are so high in cholesterol though is apparently due to their feeding habits. There’s a massive prawn farm that has recently been established just outside Port Elizabeth, called Sea Ark which will do away with the cholesterol by feeding their prawns very… errr scientifically (unfortunately I don’t really know the details). My digs mate in Jozi’s, family has a massive stake in the farm, so while I was living up there we got to sample some scrumptious batch prawns.

If they are indeed as healthy as they claim, I may just change to an all prawn diet! It kinda reminds me of the good old days when Joe and I would go to Jimmy's Killer Prawns in Kloof Street and decimate the all you can eat prawn special. I think the most I had in one sitting was 80 prawns, and Joe had somewhere in the vicinity of 70, only problem was he made use of the special way too much and has now developed an allergy toward them. Poor bastard.

Also since I’ve crashed my vehicle so many times, I know of an awesome panel beater, called Ludski and Sons that used to give me a kilogram of prawns every time I had my car repaired there…I fear that subconsciously, this freebie could be the root of my crashing cars so often….

No comments: