Wednesday, July 2, 2008

Blame Canada

For those of us who live outside of Canada, we will never know what it's like to chug a bottle of maple syrup or ride meese (I assume that this is the plural for Moose seeing as how the plural for goose is geese). Some of us only know of the country through the Academy Award nominated, South Park song "Blame Canada".

Yesteday marked the annual celebration of Canada's Birthday, the day Canada declared its independance... well at least sort of... but not really.

I've met quiet a few Canadians, and I must admit that the lyrics from the song, describing Canadians to have "beady little eyes" and "flapping heads so full of lies" seem to be pretty inaccurate...hmmm perhaps I shouldn't be taking things from South Park as gospel anymore; although... I'm still pretty convinced that ManBearPig is going to get us.

To all my Canadian friends: "Happy belated Canada Day".

No comments: