Saturday, July 5, 2008

If Its Too Hot; Get Out of the...Sauna!

I had my first sauna experience at the gym today. Damn it’s hot in there. Seeing as how I’m always at the gym I thought I should try it out and see if I like it; everyone always tells me how good it is after a heavy gym session. However after only being in there for about 5 minutes, I started feeling a bit faint and needed to escape ASAP. I’ll definitely do it again as your muscles certainly feel more relaxed…but I reckon you need to build up a tolerance for that heat.

Hmmm hadn’t hopped on the scale in a while either so when I jumped on, I was a little surprised to see how much excess winter weight I had put on… and not the good kind of weight either (yes ladies, for us guys there is a good type of weight too i.e. muscle). Looks like I better start stepping up on the cardio…and laying off the pies! ("Don't look at me! I feel so fat Naomi!")

No comments: