Sunday, July 20, 2008

Finding Balance

I often forget how Table Mountain can affect the weather in Cape Town. The weather is beautiful today…at least it is in town. I decided that I’d tried to soak up some rays in the Camps Bay area and perhaps catch a surf at Glen Beach, but turned out that not only were the waves manky but the weather was too, even though it is literally a few kilometres from town to Camps.

Seems like the mountain was blocking the clouds and bad weather… in any case I was determined to make use of the sun and ended up at the top of Kloof Street at Café Paridiso, I usually hang out near the bottom of the street and often forget about the cool deli’s and cafes along the top stretch. I don’t do it intentionally but there are so many good spots along that road that sometimes you get distracted by all the ones at the bottom that you never make it all the way up.

At Café Paridiso I had an awesome seafood salad called the Salade De La Mer which was actually, extremely tasty. I chose a salad because I’m on a bit of a mission to lean down again. The weather today reminded me that summer is right around the corner, and it was probably a good idea to lose the spare tyre that I’ve gained over the winter.

Call it what you will, vanity or even me just being plain pedantic, but previously having been involved in a nutrition company; I’ve become a lot more conscious of my health and what type of shape I’m in. Besides, I’ve done the overweight thing, and it’s not really all that pleasant. I never intend on being back in that position so I like to try keep things in check.

One of the biggest fallacies about trying to lose weight is that you should starve yourself. Being a food lover like myself, as I’m sure you have realized if you’ve been following my posts, I can honestly say you can still enjoy food and keep in shape, in fact you can still enjoy eating out and keep in shape. It’s all about choosing the right things off the menu and creating a balance; living an active lifestyle and not overindulging in certain things…

No comments: