Tuesday, July 29, 2008

You Snooze! You lose!

Hitting the Snooze button can be pretty troublesome! Is it just me or does one have to set the alarm 30 minutes back to compensate for snooze time?

I remember back in the day when alarms didn’t have this function and when the alarm sounded…I was up! These days I’ll hit the snooze button at least twice before actually crawling out of bed, each hit of the Snooze is 8 minutes wasted, never to be relived again.

I believe that the snooze button has a physiological effect on ones brain. Somewhere lurking in the deep recesses of the mind is the false sense of “I don’t have to get up, quite just yet; as the snooze function will give me some extra-needed rest”. Now that’s all good and well, on the proviso that you’ve buffered in additional time of course. But once in a while, on the odd occasion your reflexes tend to switch the alarm off completely…then my friend, you are screwed.

It happened to me earlier…luckily I’ve learnt from past digressions that I can no longer trust my alarm, so as a backup, I borrowed a little trick from the old Native Americans. Before going to bed, I drink loads of water; so in the morning…how can I put this euphemistically… “nature will call” and you’ll wake up naturally.

Low and behold it works! No tardiness for me! Me, one: Alarm Clock, zero!
Although I certainly wouldn’t recommend the above trick should you…you know…have ermm poor bladder control.

No comments: