Thursday, July 3, 2008

Crash Boom Bang

It's official I'm a bad driver...I can't hide from this fact, no matter which way I try to spin it...it's totally me, not the car, not the rain...I take the blame. (Wow that rhymes!)

I could try say that it was the alcohol...but that wouldn't be true, since every time I've dinged my vehicle I've been dead sober. I could blame the car that I drive, but I've driven many...and successfully dinged them all. From my mom's car, my dad's car, to my old V-Dub Mini-bus...

I even traded in my V-dub (my dream car, the ultimate surf vehicle), thinking that perhaps it was because the cars I was driving were too big. Man! I miss that car, so many good memories (it was affectionately nicknamed the Shanghai Wagon or the Yen-Bang bus). The only two downsides to it was the amount of petrol it used to guzzle, and how everyone always expected me to drive on road trips...in retrospect the latter reason probably exacerbated the first.

But noooooo! The smaller car didn’t help either, somehow I still manage to scrape on by. I've fixed, I've dinged, I fixed, I’ve crashed and I've fixed again...Today; I somehow did it again. This giant yellow pillar, came out of nowhere (I swear!) as I tastefully "painted" yellow racing stripes (if anybody asks I did it on purpose) across the right rear door.

I figure may as well just accumulate as many mishaps as I can before I take it into the panel shop...again. Seeing as how the fuel prices keep going up in any case, I might as well just swop my ride for a motorbike. The motorbike would not only help me save some cash but also help me improve on my bad boy image; everyone loves a guy on a motorbike. Although seeing as how bad I am in a car; perhaps a motorbike isn't such a good idea after all....

No comments: