Tuesday, July 1, 2008

Benny's Day Out

Today marks the first time I've ventured pass Kloof Street (the area that I work) for lunch! This may sound pretty insignificant to most people, but for us poor saps who hold an office job marred with time restrictions and strict controls it's a pretty big friggin' deal...

I ventured out toward the Foundry, situated in Green Point which is actually not that far...probably less than a 5 minute drive; but just the thought of escaping the confines of the office were more satisfying than if I were to have flown to Europe. "On that side of the world" (the Foundry...not Europe): the sky seemed bluer, the grass greener, and the coffee all the more sweeter.

I met up with some mates at the old family favourite, Ecco Il Cafe and tucked into a pretty sweet Thai Chicken burger, and a cappuccino made with love (the barista even made a heart in my coffee...although I'm pretty certain that this didn't mean anything as they did this for everyone else in the store too). Which reminds me, tomorrow evening is Latte art evening at Origin, where you get to practice and learn how to make some cool latte art...hopefully by the end I'll be able to pour a Mona Lisa!

My first escape to freedom (lets hope it's not the last) however exciting, was short lived, and I had to rush back to the office...in which time I almost drove over two pedestrians; seems like walking in the middle of the street is some sort of new crazy, adrenaline filled fad in the city center.

No comments: