Monday, July 7, 2008

A Sad Coffeeless Day

I looked at the time and completely freaked out because I thought I was late for work... but actually I wasn't. Eventually I realized what had happened. I had decided to take a power nap late in the afternoon; but the nap somehow turned into a deep slumber, and when I finally awoke; I was in a complete state of confusion. It was 8:45 in the evening and I was frantic, ; you should have seen me rushing around bumping and bruising myself trying to get in to my work attire.

I know I had some great point to this story, but I can't really remember right now...You see, I'm trying to go on a bit of a detox and have decided to go cold-turkey, without coffee. It's been nearly a day and I'm not entirely certain I'll be able to make it. I feel so lethargic and physically depleted that it takes me over 10 minutes to get what usually takes me less than 30 seconds to do. I'm not sure when I became so physically dependent on caffeine, but I'm pretty irritable and grumpy right now. Not to mention unproductive and maybe even a little bit emotional. *sniff* Why on earth have I decided to torture myself like this?

Anyways lets hope I survive, and my next entry has some more relevance.

No comments: