Tuesday, July 15, 2008

When Food Goes Bad

Never drink milk that has been standing for too long; even if it is “long life”! That’s the lesson I learnt yesterday evening. I had my usual, before bed protein shake, but instead of using water there was some milk left that I thought I should finish before it went to waste (with an increase in food prices, wastage is a big faux pas)…all I can say is that it reacted violently in the middle of the night; and I was not a happy camper this morning.

Thankfully I’m feeling better already, but you can’t be too careful; I’ve heard of some really bad food poisoning cases. Someone who I met once used to be in the military and has been shot before, on multiple occasions. He has also suffered from a severe bout of food poisoning, and told me that if he had to rather receive food poisoning or be shot again he would choose the latter; as he was feeling so bad he started hallucinating and thought he was going to die. Perhaps the next time you find that mystery meat in the back of the fridge, you should reconsider before consuming it?

2 comments:

Mari said...

If it's the same colour as it originally was, I figure it's good to eat :)

Benny Ou said...

Hmmm good advice will be sure to throw something out if it changes colour!