Wednesday, February 25, 2009

Small Town

I'm starting to think that Cape Town may be too small. Almost everywhere I go these days I bump into someone I know. Don't get me wrong I love it, I love the sense of community and the fact that when I'm feeling lonely I can get out of my flat and potentially hangout with someone I know. But there is a flip side to it too.

It means that I can never get away with anything. The problem with small communities is that if you do something wrong, it filters through the grape vine quite quickly and before you know it - your once rock solid reputation is nothing more than a shattered porcelain vase.

I'd like to consider myself an up-standing, respectable citizen, and for that reason I always try to be cautious about the way I present myself and how I act in the company of others. This usually isn't a problem; but there are days however, where I do wish that I could - just let go, not give a damn, go for a naked run and throw a little bit of name...or do I do that already? I guess it could be pretty easy, especially since my tolerance level for alcohol is one beer.

No comments: