Friday, February 13, 2009

Friday the 13th - Fact or Fiction?

Somehow, even though it usually takes me less than 2 minutes to get to work, on Friday the 13th, traffic miraculously appears so it takes me more than half an hour. Truth be told, home is only a few blocks away from work and I should probably walk and try to decrease my carbon foot print. But hey, I'm a lazy schmuck and the convenience of hopping in the car and not having to expend my own energy just seems more appealing.

Also, on Friday the 13th, somehow my medical aid gets suspended. Apparently, due to non-payment, yet according to my bank statement this has already been deducted via debit order. I had to spend some unnecessary time on the phone to sort it out, it's been resolved, but will apparently take at least 5 hours to reflect on the system. What that means is that I basically have a 5 hour window where stuff could happen to me and my medical aid will not pay out. I guess I'll just have to be more cautious with what I do until the suspension is lifted. Damn, and I so wanted to juggle those chainsaws...

Ahhh Friday the 13th an old wives tale? superstitious hogwash? Evidently not.

No comments: