Wednesday, February 4, 2009

Irony

In life, there are always trade offs, at one point or another you have to make a decision that favours one thing over another. That’s just how life works.

I wanted to go to gym earlier, but got a call from Ernst seeing if I wanted to go for a surf instead. I figured that this would be a great option and rather than being stuck in doors; I could get my daily exercise whilst being one with nature. What a brilliant idea I thought.

Unfortunately, what seemed like a great idea, turned out rather poorly. Firstly, we forgot that after work, is peek traffic times; meaning that we ended up being stuck stationary on the highway leading out of town, for quite a lengthy period.

Secondly, after eventually reaching our spot, the ocean was completely blown out due to the heavy South Easterly gales. In hindsight, I guess we should have taken the hint when my hat had blown half way down the road; right before venturing off on our mission.

Feeling a little beaten, with our tails between our legs and not forgetting to mention also being extremely hungry; we seeked some solace and sustenance (quadruple, alliteration word score) at the KFC close by.

The irony of it all is that instead of being healthy and getting the initial exercise that we had initially intended, we ended up at perhaps the greasiest fast food joint imaginable.

No comments: