Tuesday, February 10, 2009

Airports

I can’t say that I really like airports. All the congestion, shoving and pushing, people telling you to go this way or that, the constant sitting around: I’m just not a big fan of it. And generally, well in my experience at least, airports are a place where you say good bye.

Fortunately, today’s experience was a whole lot more pleasant and instead of saying goodbye to someone, I was able to play welcoming committee and say hello. Quite a nice change. The fact that the person I was picking up is a drop dead, gorgeous blonde might have eased my dislike for airports a little as well.

After fetching her, I had to take my guest to her modeling agency, Alfa Management, so that she could sign in; get settled and find out where she was going to based here in Cape Town. Amusingl,y while waiting for her to get things organized, one of the agency’s bookers approached me to see if I wanted to register on their books.

Apparently, us oriental folk are hard to come by here in Cape Town and are on the up as far as demand goes. Hmmm perhaps being Asian in Africa may pay off after all.

No comments: