Friday, February 6, 2009

Internet Pirate

I've run into a bit of a dilemma with regards to the internet. It looks like I'm going to be without an internet connection at home for a little while, which will make my attempt to write a note everyday for a year, rather interesting. Up till now I've been fortunate, but I've thought about all the possible scenarios and realized that this was bound to happen at one stage or another.

So in the background, I've been devising a strategy so I could still achieve my goal, just in case I ran into a situation where I'm without an internet connection. The strategy is simple, I'll still carry on writing on a daily basis either in Microsoft Word, some other text editing tool or even in a journal that I carry around; hence fulfilling my goal of writing. The problem would just lie in the posting.

The posting of notes to the all-powerful "cloud" may no longer be a daily affair, but any opportunity that I do get to post, I will. I'll simply have to date my notes, so that they'll be in chronological order when published. I'll become a ruthless internet pirate, hijacking any chance to get online and offload. I'll have to beg, borrow maybe even steal bandwidth; from friends, family or even some random kid on the side of the street. Yes, I am determined to do this thing, yes, I am dedicated to this cause....yes, I am a little bit crazy!

No comments: