Wednesday, February 11, 2009

Generosity

I think I’ve mentioned it before; I have a thing for watches. Sam called me earlier to tell me that he had something to drop off at my office. Too busy to be left in suspense, I carried on working without really thinking about what it could be.

To my surprise, when receiving my guest at reception, Sam had with him a cool time piece. Even more surprised was the fact that he was dropping it off for me.

“For me?” I enquired.
“Yeah, I remember you saying you appreciated watches.”
“Umm, thanks” was all I could muster.

I must admit, being broken away from my rhythm at work, I was little confused; but pleasantly so. It’s not every day that one gets given a watch and even less frequent that it happens out of the blue.

Sir, I truly appreciate your generosity and will keep your graciousness in mind. Ladies take note, I hear that the only thing that can match Sam’s generosity is his bedside manner (what?... he’s a doctor) - true story

Speaking of generosity, no longer had I mentioned the word and thinking that it would be great to go out on Friday, did Simon from Chevelle, provide me with a few free comps tickets for their Friday parties…

Gosh, I sure could use a cool new car…no?…I guess I was pushing my luck with that one.

No comments: