Monday, February 23, 2009

Online Grocery Shopping Blunder

Grocery shopping can be quite a laborious chore. I mean sure it can sometimes be fun when you're buying lots of treats like chocolates, cookies or whatever; I also like finding cool new products on the market to try out (Yip, I'm one of those impulse buyers that has to try out anything new that hits the shelves). In general, you're in the super market buying replenishables, things that you buy all the time because they just simply run out; that part of grocery shopping is the bane of my life and is about as exciting as watching paint dry.

But it's one of those things that you have to do, otherwise you go hungry and have nothing in the house to consume. I usually find myself doing groceries on the weekend, but it's always a toss up between doing that or something that I actually want to do. Most weekends I'm pretty disciplined and fit it all in; but this weekend I found myself lacking the will power to getting around to it, which leads to my current state of malnutrition.

I don't have anyone to blame but myself. With the advent of online shopping the laborious part of groceries can be done away with; one can select the items, as well as the frequency that one wants and well, the food will miraculously arrive at your door step. So apathy aside there should be no real reason for me to ever have an empty fridge or pantry. However, I've been weary to jump on to the internet grocery shopping bandwagon due to a past polony discretion that my friend committed. The illiterate oaf mistook the metric unit kilograms with that of grams and entered 200 into the text field provided; and when a massive pallet of meat mush arrived on my...I mean his doorstep. He had no choice but to eat sheets of processed pig hooves, organs ears and god knows what else; every day for weeks on end.

Ever since experiencing...I mean hearing about that experience: I've been reluctant to order any groceries online. I guess I'll just have to pop in to the store a bit later and endure the irritating queues.

No comments: