Monday, February 9, 2009

Excitement in the Air

So here's the deal, I’m a little more excited than usual, for a number of reasons.

Firstly, the book which I ordered entitled My Booky Wook has finally arrived, it’s an autobiography of one of Britain's most talented stand-ups named Russel Brand and as the back cover describes, is a “Hilarious raconteur, hedonistic bon viveur, inexhaustible shaggeur, feather tongued dandy Russel Brand lives his life as if performing in a Victorian vaudeville.”

While, in all honesty, I may not understand half the words in that previous sentence; I’m pretty sure that it’s going to be impressive and will certainly not disappoint. Russel has lived an outlandish life of drink, sex, drugs and Rock n’ Roll and I’ve read that My Booky Wook is an honest and hilarious account of his experiences. I’ve also read that it is brilliantly written and he has a style of writing that commands laughter.

One of the main reasons why I bought the book, besides the entertainment value, is to help inspire and improve on my writing. I tend to pick up on habits of others who have come before me and so a lot of things, including my writing, is an amalgamation of styles from various sources. With a dash of my own brand of flavour, of course.

Secondly I’ve accepted an offer to work for a company called Global Vision. I was not really in the market for a new employer, but Global Vision head hunted me and made me an offer that was too attractive to refuse. DVT, the company that I’m currently at has been a good, stable home. I will still recommend them for development of custom software solutions to anyone who needs an outsourced IT Partner.

But a more attractive salary package, the opportunity to gain invaluable experience in some cutting edge technologies and forward-thinking business processes (namely SCRUM) were enough to help me make my decision. Most importantly it would provide me with the chance to work with one of my best friends and talented IT wunderkind: Ernst Kuschke.

I start on the 1st of April. I seriously hope it’s not some cruel April Fools joke. “Oh by the way Benny. We were just joking about the job: APRIL FOOLS!”

Lastly, and this is perhaps the reason I am most excited, is that I’m picking up the ever vivacious Josephine from the airport tomorrow. I haven’t seen her in two years and can’t wait to catch up.

2 comments:

narrylikes said...

Sounds like things are great Benny! Happy for you :)

Benny Ou said...

Thanks Narry! Yip things are on the up :)